Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 is the world's first, best and most comprehensive franchise ranking. Over the last 40-plus years, we've analyzed and researched thousands of franchise companies, and perfected our ranking procedure.
Requirements to be listed in the Franchise 500 issue
- Online Questionnaire: filled out completely and electronically signed
- Current Franchise Disclosure Document
- List of all Open and Operating Units
- Audited Financials: Must be the most recent available
NOTE: Audited financials are recommended but not required if your company has been franchising for less than three years or has fewer than ten units
All companies that meet the above requirements and whose information is verified by Entrepreneur will be listed in the Franchise 500 issue. In addition, in order to be considered for the ranking:
- A franchise company must have a minimum of 10 units, with at least one being a U.S.-based franchise.*
- A franchise company must currently be seeking new franchisees in the U.S.*
- A franchise company cannot be in Chapter 11 at the time the rankings are compiled.
*Canadian-based companies that are only expanding in Canada are exempted from these rules.
Again, if your company does not meet these ranking requirements, you are still eligible for a free listing in the January/February issue of Entrepreneur magazine and should still complete the Franchise 500 form located on this site and submit your FDD and list of units.
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org